Yanukovych: I Will Fight for the Future of Ukraine

Ap455463482136

Ukraine's fugitive president, Viktor Yanukovych, said Friday that he will no back down on his power in Ukraine.


"It's high time for me to announce my decision to fight for the future of Ukraine against those who use fear and terror to take the power," he said at a press conference from the city of Rostov-on-Don in southern Russia


"I was forced to leave Ukraine because of the threat to my life and the life of my relatives," Yanukovych said, adding that power in Ukraine was seized by "nationalist, pro-facist youth mobs" who he claims represent a minotirty of the country's population


After months of protests crescendoed into a bloody week that left at least 100 dead, Ukraine's Parliament held an emergency session and voted overwhelminngly to send Yanukovych to the International Criminal Court to answer for "crimes against humanity." Read more...


More about Russia, Vladimir Putin, Us World, Politics, and World

Comments