Bill Clinton Pre-9/11: 'I Could Have Killed' Bin Laden

Former President Bill Clinton reportedly told a group of Australian businessmen 10 hours before the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks that he could have killed Osama Bin Laden. Sky News Australia claimed that only 10 hours before the first plane struck the World Trade Center, Clinton told a business group in Melbourne that he had a chance to kill Bin Laden but passed on it because the operation would have also killed hundreds of innocent civilians in Afghanistan. "Osama Bin Laden -- he's a very smart guy, I've spent a lot of time thinking about him -- and I nearly got him once," Clinton says on a never-before-released audio recording of his remarks. "I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him." Hear the recording on Sky News Australia's Paul Murray Live.

Comments