Russian Newsman Beaten Over Report on Soldier Burials

A Russian politician and newspaper publisher said on Saturday he had been badly beaten after publicizing the mysterious funerals of two soldiers who may have died while fighting in Ukraine. "They attacked me from behind, I did not see any of them," said Lev Shlosberg. "Apparently, they knocked me unconscious with their first punch, threw me to the ground, beat me up and then ran away. Those people were very good professionals in their nasty business." His paper's report on the funerals of two paratroopers last week added to a trail of evidence suggesting that Russian soldiers have been killed in eastern Ukraine. When a Reuters reporter went on Wednesday to the cemetery where the soldiers were alleged to have been buried, he was stopped from entering and threatened by two young men with shaven heads.

Comments