Not your typical case of flu: UK couple describes horrifying ordeal after falling sick in Italy – being tested for coronavirus

Cure No

A Hull dad says “I’m terrified for my babies” after his family were tested for coronavirus. Callum Kerslake, 24, his wife and two children have been tested for the virus after falling ill during a holiday in Venice. An ambulance crew wearing hazmat suits were called to their home in Durham Street, off Holderness Road, on Saturday morning.

Callum, his wife Jessica Luana, 21, daughter Sophia, aged three, and 11-month-old son Cjay, were rushed to the contagious disease facility at Castle Hill hospital in Cottingham, where doctors took nose swabs. They are now being confined in their home until test results come back in two to three days, reports Mirror Online. Call center worker Callum said: “We’ve never been so sick. I felt like every pore in my body was opening and my eyes felt like they were on fire. Every muscle in my bones ached and I couldn’t move. Sophia has been sleeping all the time and both she and CJay have had temperatures of 40 C. None of us can stop coughing.

“The experts say the elderly at most at risk but nobody knows exactly what the virus is and how it works, so I’m really worried about the children.” The family had been staying in Dola in Venice, where three people have been diagnosed with the disease. Callum’s wife, Jessica Luana, was already staying in Italy visiting her mum when Callum flew out to bring them home on February 22. Despite airport security taking his temperature twice, Callum was the first to fall ill saying he “couldn’t get out bed. It came on really quickly,” Callum said. “I got a really high temperature and felt really dizzy. I couldn’t get out of bed. I thought it was flu at first but then I felt my pores opening and every hair on my body was standing on end. I’m hoping it’s not the virus. If we get worse we’ve been told to call an ambulance.” –Hull Daily Mail

Banner 4

Comments